When you live in Michigan, there is no need to leave the state for a summer vacation. Summer in Michigan has everything from small-town living to big city sightseeing. Enjoy the lakes and rivers, boating, canoeing, and perfect summer temperatures that leave you wanting to be outside all day long.
Here's 10 Thing to do in Michigan this Summer:
1. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore: Sleeping Bear is one of the most beautiful and unique places in Michigan. You should spend at least one summer afternoon of your life climbing up and down the massive sand dunes and marveling at the amazing landscape.
2. You can't come to Michigan and not enjoy a dip in one of the four Great Lakes surrounding our beautiful state. Jump in! The water is sure to cool you off from the summer heat.
3. If you need a break from the rush of modern life, leave it all behind and take a ferry over to Mackinac Island where life is a little slower and a little more old fashioned. Bring your bike along, or rent one there, and take a relaxing spin around the car-free island.
4. The best way to end a summer night in Michigan is to watch the sunset over one of the big lakes. The nightly show rarely disappoints.
5. Head to Northern Lower Michigan and scour the beaches of Little Traverse Bay for Petoskey stones, you're sure to find one. Start Hunting!
6. Fish from a boat or from a pier, opportunities to catch your dinner are everywhere. Many anglers even think the fly fishing in our rivers and streams is just as good as out west!
7. There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being out on the open water of the Great Lakes. Don’t have a boat of your own? No problem. Most lakeside towns have charter companies that will take you for a sail or marinas with rentals available all summer long.
8. Camping is a favorite pastime for many Michiganders. Spend the night at one of the hundreds of campgrounds. Make a fire, eat S’mores, and snuggle up in a cozy tent. If a tent isn’t your style, many campgrounds have cabins for rent.
9. We love our ice cream here in Michigan, and we’re home to several local creameries. Find the one nearest you and grab a scoop or two of artisan ice cream and indulge.
10. Take a boat ride through the Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie in the U.P. You’ll marvel at the engineering that helps thousands of ships carry their cargo each year through the Great Lakes.
These Michigan marvels are sure to get you coming back for more and vacationing in your own backyard.
You might also enjoy:
Petoskey Beaches: With all the hot weather we've been having, you're going to want to check out these Petoskey Michigan beaches.
The Best Picnic Spots in Petoskey: If you don’t feel comfortable going to a restaurant just yet, take out, and outdoor eating is another excellent option. Take advantage of the beautiful scenery of Petoskey while enjoying some local eats and treats. Let us tell you the best picnic spots in Petoskey
Camping in Petoskey: If you love the outdoors and lake Michigan, you’ll love camping in Petoskey. A summer trip your whole family is sure to enjoy.